SafeSport Training and NCSI Background Check
SDFSC roles that require successful completion of SafeSport Training and a Background Check include:
- Team Managers and Chaperones
- Volunteers who could be alone with minor skaters (i.e. Locker Room Monitors)
- Partners (18 yrs & older) who will be with minors for Competitions or Testing
- Coaches and Assistant Coaches
- SafeSport Officer
- Test Chair
- Board of Directors
- Junior Board Advisor (over 18)
To get free SafeSport Training and reduced NCSI Background check you must access the U.S. Figure Skating Members Only website at https://www.usfsaonline.org/. This also ensures training and background check is automatically linked to the individual’s U.S. Figure Skating profile.
Tips for the SafeSport Training:
- Enter your member number and validate that the information is yours.
- Complete the Account Setup and create a password with the U.S. Center for SafeSport
- You will need access to the email address entered to validate the email before you can begin.
- Additional details from U.S. Figure Skating: SafeSport Training Instructions
SafeSport Training is good for two years. You must redo the SafeSport Training program after two years if you are in a position that requires SafeSport Training.
Tips for the Background Check:
- Validate your information before being sent to NCSI in a new window.
- Have your Social Security Number, past addresses, and an electronic copy of your driver’s license or passport available to upload. (Take a picture of it with your phone, and email it to yourself to create an electronic copy.
- It can take up to 10 business days for the background check to clear. Please look for emails from NCSI updating you on your status.
- Additional details from U.S. Figure Skating: Background Check Instructions
Background Checks are good for only one year. You must renew your background check each year you are in a position which requires a background check.
For this year only, if representatives from your team already completed their NCSI background check, outside of this portal, they must email a copy of their “green light” certificate to Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org in order for it to be linked to their Member Profile.
How to verify compliance has been completed:
- Anyone linked to your team as a Team Manager or Coach may log into Members Only, click on Team Management and search members.
- Any club officer can see the compliance progress of members of their home club through the Club Management tool on Members Only.
- A searchable .pdf Compliance Report is available to all members on Members Only with the compliance status of all members required to be compliant. It can be found by clicking on the SafeSport Icon.