The San Diego Figure Skating Club (SDFSC) strives to provide a safe environment for its members and to protect the opportunity of its members to participate in the sport in an atmosphere that is free of harassment and abusive practices. U.S. Figure Skating and SDFSC will not tolerate or condone any form of harassment or abuse of any of its members including but not limited to, athletes, coaches, officials, directors, employees, parents/guardians, and volunteers or any other persons while they are participating in or preparing for a figure skating activity or event conducted under the auspices of U.S. Figure Skating.
SafeSport is a program adopted by the U.S. Olympic Committee designed to protect our members from any form of abuse and to provide a healthy environment for everyone involved. U.S. Figure Skating has mandated all member clubs implement policies which support the SafeSport throughout the U.S. Figure Skating organization. SDFSC is in line with the concepts and policies of SafeSport. Keeping with those mandates handed down by U.S. Figure Skating our club has implemented SDFSC Policies and Codes of Conduct for the club members, skaters, coaches, and parents. Your membership with SDFSC will NOT be in good standing until you:
- Read the SDFSC SafeSport Policy.
- Read the Member Code of Conduct (same as U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook sections GR1.02 and GR1.03)
- Read, sign and send the applicable SDFSC Code of Conduct.
All forms of misconduct are unacceptable and in direct conflict with U.S. Figure Skating rules. The U.S. Figure Skating SafeSport Program addresses the following types of misconduct:
- Sexual misconduct
- Physical misconduct
- Emotional misconduct
- Bullying, threats, and harassment
- Willfully tolerating misconduct
The full U.S. Figure Skating SafeSport Handbook is online, information on training, as well as free online SafeSport training through your U.S. Figure Skating membership portal at https://www.usfsaonline.org/.
Please contact the club SafeSport Compliance Chair at SafeSport@SanDiegoFSC.org if you have questions or issues.
SafeSport training and NSCI background checks will be valid for two years.
- After the two-year mark, a renewal of the training program is required.
- It is advisable that the SafeSport refresher training program is completed each year.
- The NSCI background check is valid for two years from the date of the current background check.
SDFSC Board of Directors will ensure the policies denoted in the U.S. Figure Skating SafeSport Handbook are implemented and reviewed on a yearly basis.