SDFSC offers several types of memberships for new and returning members, siblings, parents and college students. We also make available Associate (aka non-home club) memberships and half year memberships for new members. Starting with the 2016-17 membership year, we are pleased to announce the addition of a Basic Skills membership.
SDFSC Home Club memberships include:
- U.S. Figure Skating Membership with membership card.
- U.S. Figure Skating testing and competition privileges.
- Subscription to SKATING magazine.
- Coverage under U.S. Figure Skating’s sports accident insurance policy
- Special offers and discounts from U.S. Figure Skating corporate partners
As a member, you also agree to abide by U.S. Figure Skating SafeSport policies.
Using the online San Diego Figure Skating Club membership system you will need to select “Access my account” for Existing Members’ renewal or select “Apply for membership” for joining SDFSC for the first time, including transfers from other clubs.
Please renew by June 30th to avoid a late penalty. RENEW NOW. New memberships and late renewals are always available.
Questions? Send email to Membership@SanDiegoFSC.org
Full Year Memberships
|Membership Type||Home Club Membership||Associate* Club Membership|
|Introductory (new 1st member)||$80||N/A|
|Basic Skills Member||$25||N/A|
|Collegiate||$170 (4-year term)||N/A|
|* Associate Club Members (previously called Non-Home) have a Home Club membership at a club other than SDFSC.|
- Each new member will be charged a one-time $10 initiation fee, except for new Parent and Basic Skills memberships.
- Introductory Membership is only available to new members who have never been a member of any US Figure Skating Club and also requires the one-time $10 initiation fee.
- Members will be classified as either Junior (under 18) or Senior (18 or over).
- Parent memberships are available to parents, grandparents, or legal guardians of a junior member.
- Memberships are for one year, starting July 1, 2016 and expiring on June 30, 2017.
- U.S. Figure Skating raised their membership prices this season, so we had to increase our fees for some of the membership types.
- Late renewals, starting after June 30, must pay a $25 late fee.
Basic Skills Memberships
This recreational program of USFSA is designed to serve the needs of both the recreational and competitive skaters. All registered Basic Skills students will receive a membership card, a record book with stickers to keep track of the levels they complete, a Basic Skills member patch, a year patch, information about skating, the Basic Skills Edition of SKATING, sports accident insurance coverage and the opportunity to participate in exhibitions and Basic Skills competitions. Both introductory & renewal Basic Skills memberships are the same price with no club initiation fee and no previous USFSA membership (other than previous Basic Skills).
This is a four-year full membership at a reduced rate for college-aged members. All skating privileges apply for the four-year duration. Each athlete may receive this option only once during their entire skating career. The cost is $170 for a consecutive four-year period – a savings of $290 or 63% over a full membership for the same time frame.
- Can sign up anytime in college; good for a consecutive four-year period
- May only use this option once.
- Carries the same privileges as a full member, including subscription to SKATING magazine, and all testing and competition rights.
Half Year Memberships
Half Year Memberships are available after January 1, to anyone who has never been a member of the San Diego Figure Skating Club AND has never been a member of USFSA. Persons who have been members in previous years and have let their membership lapse are ineligible for this rate.
|Membership Type||Home Club Membership||Associate Club Membership|